A Career with Us
Throughout our decades we have built a team that provides first-class service and unparalleled expertise to our agency partners and their insureds. As we expand into new markets and product lines, we are continuously looking to also expand our team of professionals. Our culture is one of innovation, teamwork and fostering individual growth. Send us a copy of your resume to: email@example.com and we will contact you at our earliest convenience.
Genesee is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Equal Employment Policy incorporates our commitment to maintain an environment free of discrimination and to comply with all federal, state or local laws providing employment opportunities.
LOCATION: Charlotte, NC
JOB TITLE: Renewal Underwriter – Property and Casualty
- Manage the renewal book for the P&C department from the initial renewal quote to invoicing for issuance.
- Grow and maintain knowledge of carrier rating systems and appetite in order to properly process renewal quotes and remarket if warranted.
- Update renewal quotes as endorsements are processed or as requested by carriers.
- Assist Underwriters developing renewal strategies.
- Enthusiasm and high energy.
- Computer skills to include Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to establish working relationships with customers, carriers and underwriting team.
- Organization skills and ability with strong attention to detail.
- Interest in continued education and professional development.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Insurance experience in underwriting and/or brokerage support with excess & surplus lines preferred.
- Sales & marketing experience preferred.
LOCATION: ALPHARETTA, GEORGIA
JOB TITLE: Accounts Payable/Receivable Specialist
- Provide accounting support in various accounting areas including but not limited to:
- Account receivables, account payables, bank reconciliations, development and maintenance of reports via accounting systems and customer services functions.
- 2-3 years of accounting/finance experience
- Strong customer service skills (verbal and written)
- MS Suite, particularly Excel
- Bank reconciliations.
- Accounts receivable / accounts payables processing using accounting software.
- Detailed and deadline oriented
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Insurance industry experience a plus
LOCATION: ALPHARETTA, GA OFFICE
JOB TITLE: Premium Finance Account Manager
- A customer service position responsible for successfully managing client relationships and handling client requests, in addition to various functions required to support management in achieving company profitability goals and growth objectives while adhering to our mission and values.
- Provide superior service to internal and external clients, responding to all inquiries and requests eagerly and promptly.
- Establish and maintain long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with agency clients
- Assist management in achieving key performance objectives with regards to loan production, company growth, late charge revenue, cancellation ratios and write-off activity.
- Perform quoting, underwriting, and price negotiation, requesting management approval of terms as required.
- Review and process loan documents ensuring thoroughness, accuracy and compliance.
- Process account payments over the phone and online.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail on a timely basis.
- Manage account cancellations, make outgoing phone calls in an effort to obtain payment and preserve accounts.
- Perform follow-up on issued quotes for new and renewal accounts in addition to lost opportunities in previous policy terms.
- Track and report business including lost opportunities while staying abreast of progress towards production goals and consistently communicating such to management.
- Coordinate outsourcing of uncollectable loans to third party collections agencies.
- Record monthly GL activity and maintain organization of bank reconciliation items.
- Provide detailed monthly production results to management.
- Other projects and duties as assigned
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organization skills and ability to multi task while maintaining attention to detail.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products.
- Ability to independently adhere to company policies and procedures with minimal supervision.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- Job related experience, specialized training, certification or any special licensing necessary may also be included.
- Minimum of two years of customer service experience.
- Experience in commercial insurance and financial services preferred.
LOCATION: ALPHARETTA, GA OFFICE
JOB TITLE: Commercial Lines Broker
- Individuals responsible for marketing, managing and retaining a consistently growing book of business in keeping with agency and individual goals while building relationships with clients and maintaining a high level of responsive customer service. May identify and solicit sales prospects from various sources.
- Solid negotiation skills
- Significant brokerage experience preferable in the wholesale sector
- Solid knowledge of the insurance carriers and their appetite
- Ability to develop innovative and customized business solutions
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written, oral and presentation communication skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Willingness to travel
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. (Consideration for significant work experience.)
- Two years underwriting experience
- Ability to work with agents in timely and efficient manner
- Receive a score above 85 on Caliper sales test.
- High energy and good communication skills.